Trust is the foundation of everything, but how do we learn to build trust through vulnerability?
Brittany Lynne is a yoga and meditation teacher based in Los Angeles, Costa Rica, and the Bay Area. She specializes in teaching mindfulness, meditation, and sound healing as well as physical yoga practices (vinyasa flow, yin, restorative, and gentle yoga) and leads retreats and yoga teacher trainings around the world.
In this episode, Brittany and I discuss why stepping out of our comfort zones and learning to trust ourselves will allow us to trust others. If our trust is broken, we can always go back to it. The number one person to rebuild trust with is ourselves; once we surrender, our confidence can shine.
Brittany shares why she needed to stop over-efforting at work and in her relationships to trust that things will line up the way they are meant to be. When we move from over-thinking, we can drop away from our thoughts and into our hearts. Plus, we explain why the one word you need to stop saying is should, and we discuss our craving for community and connection. Stay tuned to hear Brittany lead us in a grounding meditation.
In This Episode:
- About Brittany Lynne [ 1:45 ]
- If we do not trust ourselves, we cannot trust others [ 4:45 ]
- Why leaders need to be vulnerable [ 9:55 ]
- When our trust is broken, we can still go back to it [ 13:35 ]
- Why we need to stop over-efforting in our lives [ 16:30 ]
- We need to release “should” from our lives [ 21:15 ]
- Learning how to trust our intuitions [ 26:05 ]
- We are all connected [ 31:40 ]
- Brittany leads a grounding meditation [ 36:15 ]
- “Being honest means speaking your truth without holding back.”
- “You have to trust to trust.”
- “I am going to stop putting so much damn effort in every single piece of my life.”