Are you living life in fear or in courage?
Morgan Harper Nichols is a writer, artist, and musician who makes her work around people and their stories.
Morgan spent the first few years of her adult life as a college admission counselor, and then, as a full-time touring singer-songwriter and musician. It was on the road that she cultivated her curiosity and passion for the written word and art, and slowly began to share her art with others online.
In 2017, Morgan started a project where she invites people to submit their stories to her website. From there, she creates art inspired by what they send her, and then, sends them the art, for free. Nearly everything Morgan creates and shares today is from this project, and she always keeps the names and stories anonymous. The fruit of this project is shared daily around social media, in publications, on murals, and more.
As an artist, Morgan has been commissioned by and collaborated with publications and brands including Adobe, LiveNation, Aerie, Coach, Esquire Singapore, and more. She has been featured on social platforms for publications such as Teen Vogue, Refinery 29, Hello Giggles, and SoulPancake.
Morgan is a #1 Amazon Bestseller and her latest book has just been released, ’ALL ALONG YOU WERE BLOOMING: Thoughts for Boundless Living’. Morgan is now a full time writer, artist, and musician, and travels to speak, teach, and perform. She is on the board of directors at TWLOHA (To Write Love on Her Arms).
In this episode, Morgan dives deep into her background and explains the inspiration behind her famous artwork. Morgan uses social media to make the world a better place and connect with others. We never know how our words or photos will connect with someone else.
Later, we talk about the best ways to motivate ourselves and others. When we show up, we find our strength and bravery. Most people are being flooded with messages every day about what they should be doing. Morgan doesn’t feel like she needs to tell anyone what to do – instead, she writes about encouragement.
Stay tuned as we talk about becoming unstuck, finding inspiration, and Morgan reveals her favorite poets.
In This Episode:
- About Morgan Harper Nichols [ 4:00 ]
- Using social media for good [ 18:15 ]
- The passion behind Morgan’s creations [ 21:45 ]
- What motivation should look like [ 28:45 ]
- Morgan had no idea what she would be doing today [ 34:10 ]
- How we can get unstuck [ 41:50 ]
- Where Morgan finds most of her inspiration [ 51:20 ]
- Recommended resources [ 55:45 ]
- Pay attention to what’s going on around you [ 63:15 ]
- “I connect with people through art.”
- “I try and write for the journey.”
- “All of the little moments matter.”
- “Every time I go to the Grand Canyon, I remember where I was last time I was there.”
- “Let it surprise you.”
- Sara’s Facebook
- Live Boldly
- Bailey’s Instagram
- Women’s Breakthrough Coaching Journey
- Co-Ed Breakthrough Coaching Journey
- Morgan’s Website
- Morgan’s Instagram
- All Along You Were Blooming: Thoughts for Boundless Living