How are you healing your deepest traumas and emotional blockages?
Ruthie Lindsey is the author of her memoir There I Am, The Journey From Hopelessness To Healing, A Nashville-based speaker, and co-host of the Unspoken podcast. Ruthie shares a remarkable story of surviving an accident as a teenager where she had a five percent chance to live and a one percent chance to walk, and the surgery that simultaneously saved and destroyed her body. During this conversation, we get to the heart of what it means to be healing from our deepest traumas.
As a young woman, chronic pain slowly pulled Ruthie away from everything she once held dear: her marriage, her faith, her family, her body, her very self. But her message is one of strength and resilience, the faith she lost and rebuilt in herself, and the power of sharing our stories. Ruthie challenges audiences to find the healing that is inside of all of us. She has spoken alongside renowned activists and writers such as Brené Brown, Glennon Doyle, and Rachel Hollis.
Ruthie reminds us that the journey through trauma healing is so deep. Suffering and trauma are necessary to reach a higher level of consciousness. Instead of desensitizing our trauma, we need to sit and feel everything to get to its depths. We can’t experience great joy until we allow ourselves to experience significant pain.
Then, Ruthie goes deep into her journey of healing from her deepest traumas. She connects emotionally with her soul family. In the context of a relationship, Ruthie struggles with attachment. During her healing journey, Ruthie does a lot of reparenting work. It’s incredible how our brilliant brains long to heal – we are all so deserving of this healing work. Stay tuned as we talk about affirmations, forgiveness, and shadow work.
In This Episode:
- About Ruthie Lindsey [ 2:05 ]
- The most significant aha moment in Ruthie’s journey [ 8:45 ]
- How often we should go deep [ 13:15 ]
- Where Ruthie is on her healing journey [ 20:30 ]
- How healing is for everyone [ 37:00 ]
- Trusting our soul is a privilege [ 47:20 ]
- Using affirmations to overcome limiting beliefs [ 53:15 ]
- How forgiveness practice centers around Ruthie’s life [ 57:45 ]
- “Give yourself space to feel the trauma.”
- “Consciousness comes through the medium of suffering, pain, loss, and heartache.”
- “Show the light and the hope that is within every single human on this planet.”
- “We were never broken.”
- “I fully and completely love, honor, and respect myself.”
- “To be a wholehearted human means we are all of the things.”
- Sara’s Facebook
- Live Boldly
- Ruthie’s Website: http://www.ruthielindsey.com
- Ruthie’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ruthielindsey/
- Ruthie’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/lindseyruthie
- Ruthie’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ruthielindseyspeaker
- Unspoken: https://theunspokenpodcast.com
- There I Am: The Journey From Hopelessness to Healing – A Memoir
More From Live Boldly: