Gaslighting: What is it + how do we recognize when it’s happening?
How can you regain your sanity after being gaslighted?
Sarah Morales is a certified life and relationship coach who has been coaching professionally for nine years. During that time, she has contracted with numerous helping professionals and spoken at national conferences, all from the lens of her gaslighting expertise.
In 2021, her gaslighting specialty is culminating in her soon to be released Deconstructing Gaslighting™ offerings: an app, mini-course, and podcast – all aimed at empowering others to better understand and identify gaslighting in their lives and relationships.
Sarah’s passion to empower others to transform their lives fuels her work with her clients and pushes her to continue developing new programs on the cutting edge of helping others grow to know, trust, and love themselves more than they knew was possible.
Sarah lives in Austin, Texas, with her family. In her spare time, you’ll most often find her running on her favorite trail down by Lady Bird Lake. Sarah loves spending time with her favorite people—talking, laughing, cooking and enjoying the richness of healthy relationships.
In this episode, we are talking about gaslighting. Has there ever been a time in your life where you have felt like perhaps someone was out to make you feel crazy? Maybe they were manipulating a situation where you sat there questioning yourself. Gaslighting is something that needs to be talked about within relationships across the board. Sarah opens up the show by explaining how she got into the world of gaslighting and what exactly gaslighting can look like. Tune in as we chat about understanding your values better and the importance of knowing your limits.
In This Episode:
- All about Sarah Morales and how she got into gaslighting [ 5:20 ]
- What gaslighting looks like [ 9:00 ]
- The importance of looking at your own vulnerabilities [ 15:40 ]
- How gaslighting can impact our lives [ 21:15 ]
- Why people do gaslighting behaviors [ 24:40 ]
- The difference between manipulation and gaslighting [ 34:20 ]
- How to truly understand who you are [ 38:30 ]
- Understanding your values better [ 48:10 ]
- What to know about gaslighting while living a healthy lifestyle [ 54:15 ]
- “Manipulation is something that people do in order to get another person to do something.”
- “Boundaries are really misused and misconstrued.”
- “I define me.”
- “I define my limits.”
- “Gaslighting is everywhere.”
- “Check within yourself.”
- Download 5 Free Meditations
- Walk Through This
- Join My Retreats
- Sara’s Facebook
- Live Boldly
- Follow Sarah on Instagram
More From Live Boldly: