Live From The Trail – Part 1 with Lonnie Mayne
Hiking is indeed nature’s therapy!
Lonnie Mayne is an internationally recognized, high-performance, #1 rated keynote speaker, published author and executive consultant. He’s the founder and pioneer of Red Shoes Living, Inc., an award-winning philosophy and five-step framework that leadership teams are deploying organization-wide to engage employees, win the battle for top talent, create standout customer experiences, and build meaningful cultures that people get inspired to be a part of.
Lonnie spent 30+ years working with leading brands across 25 industries and was the president of InMoment, one of the largest customer experience technology companies in the world, where this team grew the company 817% in a short period of time using Red Shoes Living. Lonnie has worked with many of the top brands in the world including Nike, Bose, Saks fifth Avenue, Microsoft, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Transamerica, Point Click Care, CBRE, Colliers, Denny’s, GOCA, McDonald’s, Impartner, Inc., Montage, The British Citizen Awards, Express, Enterprise and many more.
Recognized as a global authority in high-performance leadership training with a passion for inspiring others to stand out in how they work and live, Lonnie presented at the prestigious British Citizen Awards held at the Palace of Westminster hosted by Lord Dholakia. He also leads the Spartan-X leadership series and is a founding patron of the American Citizen Award, which recognizes everyday heroes. On a mission to spread the message that people matter, he’s passionate about philanthropic initiatives for mental health awareness, anti-bullying, and suicide prevention.
Lonnie lives in photogenic Park City, Utah, and is an avid adventurer. From helicopter skiing to Spartan racing, Lonnie puts himself out there in all aspects of his life. He’s a big fan of Taco Tuesdays and loves spending time with his friends and family who are passionate about living life to the fullest and making a positive difference along the way.
In this episode, Lonnie and I record daily reflections from the High Sierra trail, which we hiked for nine days, from Sequoia National Park to the summit of Mount Whitney (14,508 feet). Mount Whitney is the tallest peak in the lower 48 states. It was an incredible journey for both of us as individuals and together. This episode is part one, where we record from day one through day four. Tune in as we chat about why age shouldn’t hold you back, how friendships can enrich your life, and the importance of compromising in your relationships.
In This Episode:
- How to manifest naturally [ 5:00 ]
- Why you shouldn’t let your age hold you back [ 16:30 ]
- Lonnie reveals what is on his bucket list [ 21:25 ]
- Why friends are more important than you think [ 31:45 ]
- Unplugging from technology can help your health [ 44:55 ]
- When to compromise in a relationship [ 50:30 ]
- “Manifesting doesn’t feel forced; you arrive there.”
- “We own the moments; the moments don’t own us.”
- “Kindness makes you younger.”
- “I want to not only live my best life but give my best life.”
- “I want to continue to connect with people, learn from people, and put my own ego in its place.”
- “Give yourself a little bit of grace to step into that space of compromise.”
- Download 5 Free Meditations
- Walk Through This
- Join My Retreats
- Sara’s Facebook
- Live Boldly
- Lonnie’s Website
- Lonnie’s LinkedIn
- Lonnie’s Twitter
- Lonnie’s Facebook
- Lonnie’s YouTube
- Read Red Shoes Living, Stand Out For The Positive In How You Work & Live Your Life
More From Live Boldly: