Kevin shares his story of attempted suicide from the Golden Gate Bridge and speaks on some of the most prudent ways to change your brain health for long-term wellness and suicide prevention.
The Ripple Effect with Kevin Hines: How Surviving a Jump from the Golden Gate Bridge Gave Rise to a Movement for Brain Health and Suicide Prevention
Kevin Hines is a storyteller. He is a bestselling author, global public speaker, and award-winning documentary filmmaker. In the Year 2000, Kevin attempted to take his life by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. Many factors contributed to his miraculous survival, including a sea lion which kept him afloat until the Coast Guard arrived.
Kevin now travels the world sharing his story of hope, healing, and recovery while teaching people of all ages the art of wellness and the ability to survive pain with true resilience.
Hello, everyone! Kevin Hines is on today’s show. Today, we talk about the importance of asking for help, thriving through our consequences, discrimination against those with brain pain, living on purpose, the amazing story about a sea lion named Herbert, the signs to look out for, and what we can do to help.
Let’s dive in!
In this Episode you’ll learn:
- [12:39] A bit about Kevin.
- [21:36] The two categories.
- [27:50] Taking the first step.
- [31:06] From victim to survivor to thriving.
- [37:20] Living our purpose.
- [43:09] Herbert, the sea lion.
- [52:04] What are the signs to look out for?
- [53:30] How to help people.
- [61:29] Kevin’s words of wisdom.
- “Everybody cared. Nobody knew.” [17:10]
- “The truth shall set you free.” [20:20]
- “Your brain is the single most powerful organ you wield.” [38:42]
- “Drastic changes in behavior are signs.” [52:50]
- “I’ve never gone to a funeral that nobody showed up to.” [64:17]
Connect with Kevin:
- Website: www.kevinhinesstory.com.
- Instagram: @kevinhinesstory.
- Twitter: @KevinHinesStory.
- YouTube: Kevin Hines.
- LinkedIn: Kevin Hines.
- Podcast: Hinesights Podcast.
- Instagram: @saraschultingkranz
- Facebook: Sara Schulting-Kranz
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org