Heather shares her story of being fired and how creating confidence in herself led to the best rise of her life and career.
Creating Confidence: Choosing to Step Into Your Power and Own Who You Are
Heather Monahan is a best-selling author, keynote speaker, TEDx speaker, podcast host, and Board Member of Healthlynked Corporation. As a former C-suite executive in media, she was named one of the most Influential Women in Radio in 2017, and Thrive Global named her a Limit Breaking Female Founder in 2018. After an unexpected termination, Heather wrote and self-published her first book, Confidence Creator.
In 2019 Heather launched her podcast, Creating Confidence, a Top10 show on Apple Podcast’s Entrepreneur chart weekly. Heather was named one of the Top 40 Female Keynote Speakers of 2020 and Top 50 Keynote Speakers in the World in 2022 by Real Leaders. Her new book, Overcome Your Villains, published by Harper Collins Leadership, is available now.
Hello, everyone! Heather Monahan is on today’s show. Today, we talk about Heather’s journey into speaking and sales, how to inspire confidence in yourself and others, becoming a thought leader, knowing when to trust the process, and hear Heather’s advice to her younger self and from her older self.
Let’s dive in!
In this Episode you’ll learn:
- [07:41] A bit about Heather.
- [10:49] Heather’s biggest takeaway.
- [14:09] Helping people into their confidence.
- [23:13] Stepping into sales.
- [36:32] Why is it easier for some people?
- [38:35] Overcome Your Villains.
- [47:00] Struggling with the push-pull.
- [48:09] Heather’s biggest mentor.
- [49:46] What Heather wanted to do growing up.
- [50:04] What is next?
- [51:28] Where does Heather get her energy?
- [53:30] Heather’s advice to her younger self.
- [53:46] Heather’s advice from her older self.
- “Just because you’re good at one thing, doesn’t mean you can’t be good at something else.” [11:07]
- “If you stay in the little bubble that you’ve always been in, you’re going to get more of what you already know.” [17:54]
- “You have to learn how to pivot.” [34:55]
- “Listen to your voice and your opinion over everyone else, and tune out their noise 100%.” [53:36]
Connect with Heather:
- Website: heathermonahan.com.
- Instagram: @heathermonahan.
- Twitter: @_heathermonahan.
- YouTube: Heather Monahan.
- LinkedIn: Heather Monahan.
Heather’s Books: Amazon.
- Instagram: @saraschultingkranz
- Facebook: Sara Schulting-Kranz
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org