Debi raises the question ‘Are you hardened or healed?’ In this episode, we discuss betrayal, post-betrayal symptoms, trust, and the transformation when you put in the work. You simply cannot afford to miss this incredible episode – it’s one of our best yet!
Post-Are You Hardened or Healed? Betrayal Transformation with Debi Silber
Dr. Debi Silber is the founder of the PBT (Post Betrayal Transformation) Institute and is a holistic psychologist, health, mindset, and personal development expert, the author of Trust Again, and is a 2-time #1 International bestselling author of The Unshakable Woman AND From Hardened to Healed: The Effortless Path to Release Resistance, Get Unstuck and Create a Life You Love. Her podcast: From Betrayal to Breakthrough is also globally ranked within the top 1.5% of podcasts. Her recent Ph.D. study on how we experience betrayal made 3 groundbreaking discoveries that change how long it takes to heal. In addition to being on FOX, CBS, The Dr. Oz Show, TEDx (twice), and more, she’s an award-winning speaker and coach dedicated to helping people move past their betrayals as well as any other blocks preventing them from the health, work, relationships, confidence, and happiness they want most
Dr. Debi Silver joins us in this episode to discuss betrayal, post-betrayal symptoms, is post-betrayal transformation trust, among captivating other topics. You simply cannot afford to miss this incredible episode. Sit back, relax, and take it all in.
In this Episode You’ll Learn:
[08:10] Who Dr. Debi Silber of Are You Hardened or Healed is?
[11:39] Why does betrayal hurt, and what does it impact and create?
[12:59] Dr. Debi Silber’s three discoveries on Are You Hardened or Healed?
[15:45] how an unhealed betrayal impacts our health, work and relationships?
[ 17:59] What is post-betrayal transformation, and how does it differ from post-traumatic growth?
[19:33] How do we know if we have post-betrayal syndrome?
[20:21] What questions can we ask ourselves to determine if Are You Hardened or Healed?
[26:08] –Why trust can be rebuilt but not repaired/The power of forgiveness
[29:53] From betrayal to breakthrough, what are the five stages?
[34:45] How do we know if we haven’t healed from a betrayal What do we need to do to move forward and heal from a betrayal experience?
[37:22] Why do the majority of people stay in stage three of healing rather than moving on to the transformation stages?
[52:40] Learn about the work that Dr. Debi is currently doing.
[54:04] Spiritual awakening and betrayal
- “Betrayal nonetheless, the way it works is the closer and the more we depend on someone, the deeper the betrayal.” [13:42]
- “The Universe speaks. They keep handing them to you until you listen. Yeah. So, it has to be self-sabotage, because we don’t want to listen” [16:15]
- “But betrayal is such a different type of life crisis. And it’s not to say, which is better, which is worse, they all stink” [17:04]
- “We know when it comes to betrayal, you cannot count on time to heal it.” [20:48]
- “Those who have been betrayed, don’t give a rat’s ass if they betray others. Because it’s kind of like, you know, hurt people hurt people.” [23:45]
- “and betrayal will show you who someone truly is. It also has the opportunity to wake them up to who they temporarily became.” [24:11]
- “Forgiveness we’ve always heard has so much to do with us. Reconciliation has so much to do with that other person.” [27:00]
- “forgiveness is something one of the most underestimated underutilized tools that we can possibly use in this world in this lifetime.” [27:48]
- “Just because it’s familiar, doesn’t mean it’s good, but it’s familiar.” [33:50]
- “Just because it’s comfortable doesn’t mean it’s good.” [38:59]
- “Very, very small steps but that truth will set you free if you’re not going to speak it. If you’re not going to acknowledge it and face it. It is going to continue to eat you up.” [44:56]
Connect with Dr. Debi Silber:
- Instagram: debisilber
- LinkedIn: Dr. Debi Silber
- Facebook: Debi Silber
- Website: PBT Institute
- YouTube: Dr. Debi Silber
- Florence William book titled Heartbreak
- Free gift: Are you healed or hardened? Take the quiz: https://thepbtinstitute.com/healed-or-hardened-quiz/
More From Live Boldly:
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Stitcher
- Other interviews
- See my latest blog post: Seeing Yourself in Others